Thursday, May 6, 2010

Unknown Waters

I am Elder Clyde, a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Three days ago I had the opportunity of attending a meeting where I, along with 5 other young missionaries and 4 older missionary couples, was told that our Church was bringing the act of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ into the 21st Century. Since the Church was Restored in 1830 its organized missionary effort has remained largely the same. Every day we go out and share the good news by word of mouth. We talk to people on the streets and go from house to house, looking for someone who will let us in. While this still is an effective means of spreading the Gospel, an entirely new world has come into existence in the last few decades. The Internet.

I have the unique opportunity of testing the waters for this new initiative. I am doing something that has no manuals and I have no one to look to save God alone for guidance. What I do here may just shape how every missionary called by God to spread His Word uses this wonderful tool. Glory be to God for what he has given me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

  1. Elder Clyde,
    You are off to a great start. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Clyde. LOVED YOUR BLOG!! Very, very nice! You can
    easily see the wonderful life of a missionary and the dedication it takes day in and day out. For Family Home Evening my husband and I read your blog. We loved it. My favorite part was, "Unknown Waters." What a great way to explain this wonderful blessing you have to be a pioneer and pave the way for others to follow. The Lord has put his trust in you to start this new missionary adventure. You are up to the task. Elder Cook said he was going to lean so much from you and now I can see why. May the Lord bless you for the next few weeks of your mission. Rhonda Cook

    ReplyDelete